Link shorteners are used by marketers and social media mavens to make long URLs shorter and to track the source of visitors. OK, we all know that.
But did you know that sophisticated email and social media marketers not just shorten links, but turn their links into retargeting gateways? Meaning anyone who clicks the links will automatically start to see the link owners ads on Facebook, Google, etc.
Great, right? So why isn’t everyone doing this?
Because it’s a pain in the ass, that’s why. And this is the very exact problem we’ve solved for with Fingrprint.io.
I mean, check out the video on how to set up a retargeting link using a popular link retargeting tool. The tutorial video alone is 9 minutes long! And it will takes tens of minutes (or longer) to set up each retargeting pixel and connect it to an ad on Facebook or Google, set up the tracking URL, create a custom audience, wait for the trigger threshhold, etc etc.
Simply, retargeting links never took off with mainstream marketers because it’s arduous and prone to errors.
We made Fingrprint to make creating retargeting links 10x easier, faster and more powerful.
Our tutorial is 30 seconds. And unlike traditional link shorteners or retargeting link tools:
- Fingrprint’s retargeting links can also be videos, docs and images! So prospects reading your PDF or watching your explainer video on Youtube will get retargeted.
- The entire act of creating a shortened link and connecting it to a retargeting campaign is now seconds (with other tools it can take tens of minutes or longer per link, and even then there are a lot of steps a user can mess up). Fingrprint is grandma-proof 🙂
Check out Fingrprint – you can create your first Fingrprint link in seconds, for free.
- Turn content in outbound emails into retargeting opportunities by replacing normal links and videos with fingrprints.
- Retarget prospects on 3rd party content you send them (with GDPR compliance).
- Give it to your social media agency and have them turn normal content they post on your behalf into Fingrprint retargeting links (it’s simple enough for the intern to learn in seconds).